Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Why Didn't I Think of That??

One of the things I like best about following God is the wonderful practical help I get. It helps me so much and always amazes me.

Common sense is not a strength of mine, never has been. So it either takes me forever to figure out how to do something or solve a problem, or I just end up doing it the hard way  until someone comes along (usually my husband) and asks me, "Why are you doing it THAT way? There's a much easier way." Which frustrates me because I didn't think of it on my own or before I went to all that trouble.

Lately I have been praying more about every day, practical problems, simply asking the Lord, "Will You please help me with this? I don't know what to do about this problem." And it's been amazing to me how God has answered those prayers.

My dogs like to wander on our mountains and it causes me no end of worry. We finally had an underground fence system put in. The collars shock the dogs when they go beyond the fence. I HATE these collars. My dogs hate these collars. So I didn't use them. But with the arrival of spring, my dogs have started wandering again. I said, "Lord! What do I do??!! We hate those mean collars. But I can't have them leaving for 8 hours at a time and me getting sick with worry anymore. We can't live like that. Please help me!" Later I got the thought, "Turn the shocking part on the collars off. The beeping on the collars will do the trick." And I did. And it worked. Why didn't I think of that?? So easy! Problem solved, thank the Lord.

I realized recently that I had to have a computer hooked to the internet to work on a book that I'm trying to get published. Which meant, I thought, a new computer. Which I was bummed about because it's so expensive. I didn't think my old computer would work.  I prayed about it because I had to get back online and I just didn't know what to do. I later had the thought, "Just use the old computer and upgrade it. It will work fine and you'll save a lot of money." And it worked. Huh! Awesome. Thank You Lord!

This happens all the time now. I could go on and on with examples. The Lord isn't there for just spiritual issues and growth. He is there to help you practically too. He is your Father. He loves you. He wants to help you. You're His child. He promised He would give wisdom if we ask for it. He tells us to ask for discernment. He is a God of order and yes, even common sense. Ask Him for a solution. Ask Him to help you see a problem with His eyes and perspective. He will help you. You'll be amazed. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment