Thursday, April 23, 2020

He is My Strength ♡


On our morning walk yesterday, I was just dragging along behind my dogs, wishing I could have a big ole cup of coffee to kickstart me into this day. I was so tired for some reason. And I had so much to do that day too, stuff that was hard work physically. But I can't have caffeine anymore so that was out, unfortunately. Ugh.

I then said out loud, "Lord, I could use some strength today. I have so much to do. The joy of the Lord is my strength. Those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength. They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint. Thank You Lord." Then I went back to the house and just got to work.

Before I knew it, the day was almost over. I looked up and was so surpised at how much I had gotten done that day, way more than usual! I mean it was amazing.  And I never thought again about being tired. That prayer lit a fire under me that burned all day.

I said, "Wow. Thanks Lord!" The thought came to me that instead of getting superficial energy from caffeine, I went to the Source of all strength and got real energy, super energy and strength. And I didn't get jittery or that exhausting after-caffeine crash. I had abundant peace all day while working, then I slept like a baby, another gift from Him.

He said "In our weakness He is strong." He is there for us to lean on. When we trust Him to do what He has offered to do, He will do it.

I've been so thankful for this time of physical weakness I've had the last year because it has taught me to lean on Him in ways I never have before. So, in a way, I am stronger than I ever was before.

He is there, ready and waiting to do what He promised. Call out and see that He is good and faithful and will bless your trust in Him. It's wonderful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment