Sunday, July 26, 2020

 Let Go Hon


One day when I was walking 7 month old Scout, he picked up a big stick to carry along. He picked it up at one end so it was unbalanced.  The heavy stick kept hitting the ground, jerking Scout's head back, bumping on his mouth. Frankly, it looked a  little painful.

I bent down, took hold of the stick with the intent of repositioning the stick in his mouth so he could carry it more easily and not cause him so much trouble.

Well.

He hung on to that stick for dear life. I guess he thought I was trying to take it from him.

I continued to gently grapple with him, saying, "Scout, let go hon. Scout, let go. I'm trying to help you. Let. GO." I was finally able to wrest the stick from his mouth, reposition it for him and off he went, a happy camper.

I sighed in exasperation thinking, "That didn't have to be that hard, little stinker."

And as usually happens when I am trying to teach my dogs a lesson, the Spirit spoke to my heart, and all I could hear was, "Let go hon, I am trying to help you. I am trying to make things better for you. Trust Me. Let GO."


No comments:

Post a Comment